By now we all know what causes Peptic ulcer. Let me recap for you the factors that contribute to peptic ulcer. They are,
- Genetic – A definitive family history of having Ulcer
- Excessive alcohol (drinking) and Smoking
- Use of drugs not prescribed by doctors – Improper dose of antibiotics, painkillers, steroids and blood thinners (aspirin)
- Infection of Helicobacterium Pylori is also supposed to cause Ulcers.
- Prolonged illness can also cause stomach ulcer. This is called Stress Stomach Ulcer.
- Overage – Risk of Ulcer increases with age. Generally it is said that people over 50 have more risk of Peptic Ulcer.